Stroopwafel cake recipe: Make the Dutch treat into a loaf cake
Dutch waffles are one of the most exported products from The Netherlands. But what about making a delicious cake from them?
Happy International Waffle Day! What better way to celebrate than with one of the most exported products from The Netherlands? Stroopwafels for everyone!
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 200 grams baking flour
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 4 Dutch waffles (Caramel syrup)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C for an electric oven, 140°C fan oven, or gas oven 2-3.
- Grease the cake tin with butter and lightly dust the inside with flour.
- Mix the butter with the mixer in a mixing bowl until soft and creamy.
- Add the baking flour, sugar and eggs all at once.
- With the mixer on the lowest setting, combine all your ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Then mix it with the mixer on the highest setting for 2 minutes until it forms a light dough.
- Cut 2 waffles into small pieces. Just really rip or cut those waffles into small pieces! Or (if you're in the Netherlands), buy the bags of small pieces like I do.
- Put the pieces into the dough and mix it all together.
- Put it the dough into the cake tin and spread it out.
- Cut the remaining 2 waffles into small pieces (RIP THEM APART, HELL YEAHHH!!!) and add the pieces to the top of the dough and push it a little into it.
- Put your cake into the oven for 60-70 minutes.
- When the time is up, get them out and get a knife around the cake so it won't get stuck on the cake tin.
- Take your cake out the tin and allow it to cool down for some time.
- Ready to serve!
Traditional Dutch Recipe, so I don't own it.