Great family recipe to be served with a side salad, Italian bread with oil and spices for dipping, and maybe the rest of the wine for the adults!
- 22-24 Jumbo Shells, cooked to al dente
- 1# ground beef
- 1/2 # ground pork
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2-3 stalks chopped celery
- 1/3 c parmesan cheese, powdered works best
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 c white wine or cooking sherry
- 1/3 c Italian bread crumbs
- 1 jar Marinara sauce
- 2c mozzerella cheese
- Cook shells to al dente - typically 8-10 min, drain, rinse and set aside
- While shells are cooking brown beef and pork with celery and onion, drain excess fat
- Add parmesan cheese, salt, garlic, wine, and bread crumbs to meat mixture, combine and let cool a bit
- In a 9x13 pan, spread a bit of sauce in the bottom to layer shells on
- Stuff shells with meat mixture and place in single layer in baking pan
- Top shells with remaining sauce and the mozzerella cheese
- Cover and bake at 350'C for 35 min. Uncover and cook for additional 5-10 min to brown cheese.
- Remove and enjoy!
- 4-6 shells per serving, use more or less shells depending on how stuffed you want them.
For extra flavor use a seasoned pork, or add additional Italian seasoning. Can also use other red sauces for a different flavor. Sprinkle with more cheese as needed.
Family recipe :-)