Sunflower Seed Bread Recipe (Easy, vegan)
An easy and delicious bread recipe: basically no skills required!
Cook time1h 50min
Total time2h 5min
- 300g wheat flour (Type 550)
- 200g wholemeal flour (wheat or spelt)
- 350ml lukewarm water
- 7g dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 80g Sunflower seeds
- Mix the yeast and sugar into the lukewarm water until both have dissolved properly.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the salt and sunflower oil.
- Now add the water mixture to the bowl and knead the dough for 3-4 minutes either by hand or using the dough hook of your kitchen machine.
- Add the sunflower seeds and keep kneading for another minute or so.
- Cover the bowl with a slightly moist kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm location for 30 minutes or until its volume has about doubled.
- Now knead the dough for another minute, cover a baking sheet with baking paper and form a nice small bread. If you like, you can decorate the top using some more sunflower seeds.
- Put the towel back on top of the bread and let it rest for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Now this is important: Put the bread into the fully preheated oven. After closing the door, turn the temperature down to about 190°C. This prevents your bread from burning easily as your oven won't use ridiculous energy to get back up to 200.
- Bake the bread for 60 minutes. Enjoy while it's still warm.
Don't use hot water as the yeast will "die" at temperatures above 40°C and your dough will not rise.