Taco Soup (It's As Delicious As It Is Simple)
An easy recipe that will win soup season and taco Tuesday
Happy Friday and happy November! This is one of my favorite times of year for many reasons but one of them is the fact that it's soup season. There are so many different things to do with and to make soup and this recipe I'm going to share today is an absolute go to for me and I had it for dinner last night.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 package of smoked sausage
- 1 chopped onion
- 1,16 ounce can of pinto beans
- 1, 15 1/2 ounce can of kidney beans
- 1, 15 ounce can of black beans
- 1, 15 ounce can of whole kernel corn
- 1, 14 1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1, 14 1/2 ounce can of chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- For Garnish: sour cream, chopped green onions, shredded cheese, tortilla chips
- The first step is to take your ground beef and cook in a pan until it's fully cooked and set that aside.
- Then take your sausage and cut that into 1/2 inch cubes. Once you've done that heat a 4 to 5 quart pan over medium high heat for about 3 minutes then add in the sausage and chopped onion and stir occasionally until the sausage has lightly browned.
- Take your cans and make sure to drain and rinse everything except the diced tomatoes.
- Then add everything, including the ground beef, in with the sausage and onion.
- Bring to a boil and once you've done that cover and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cook for 15 minutes making sure to stir occasionally.
- Top with desired toppings, serve and enjoy!