Tandoori Salmon Poke Bowl Recipe: A fusion poke with this tandoori version
Traditionally A poke bowl is made with raw salmon. However, I wanted to add a little twist by making tandoori salmon. So delish and interesting :)
- 200gms Salmon Pieces or Fillets
- 3tbsp Yogurt
- 2 cups Shushi Rice or normal Rice
- Handful Frozen Spinach
- 70gms Sprout Lentils (Soaked for at least 1 hour, optional)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Chili
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Carrot
- 1 Cucumber
- 1tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Seasoning (salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder, lemon juice, and garam masala)
- Garnish (spring onions, coriander/cilantro, and white sesame seeds)
Sushi Rice/Rice: Cook rice according to the instructions on the packet with a pinch of salt.
- Sprout Lentils: Boil lentils in 1 and a half cups of water until cooked and crunchy. Once cooked, drain the lentils and saute them in few drops of oil with 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green chili, a pinch of salt, black pepper powder, and 1tbsp lemon juice and a few chopped coriander.
- Spinach: Microwave the thawed spinach for about 1 minute and drain excess water. Add a pinch of salt and back pepper powder.
- Tandoori Salmon: Marinate the salmon in 3tbsp yogurt, chopped coriander leaves, 1tbsp red chili powder, 1tbsp garam masala, 1tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1tbsp lemon juice a pinch of salt, and black pepper for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes you can either grill it in any suitable equipment you have or with a few drops of oil in a saucepan for about a total of 7 minutes cooking on both sides.
- Arrange the poke bowl starting with rice first. Now fill the top portion of rice with some juliennes of bell pepper, carrot, and cucumber. Followed by spinach, lentils, and the tandoori salmon. garnish with some chopped spring onions and white sesame seeds.
You can add any sauce if you like or a salad. Enjoy this easy and delicious bowl in no time.