Thai beef salad recipe
Minty, sweet, sour Thai beef salad
If you don't like beef, you could always use chicken or prawns, or you could add more veg if you want a meat free option.
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 x 250g sirloin steak, trimmed of visible fat
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cucumber, sliced into thin batons
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, finely sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 20g peanuts, roughly chopped
- mint and coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan over a high heat.
- Season the steak all over with salt and pepper. When the oil has melted and is hot fry the steak in the pan for 2 minutes on each side. transfer it to a plate and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- While the steak is cooking, make a dressing by mixing together the fish sauce, lime juice, lemongrass, chilli and sesame oil in a large bowl. Stir in the cucumber and spring
- Onions, then leave to sit for 2 minutes.
- When you are ready to eat, add the avocado, tomatoes and lettuce to the bowl with the dressing, cucumber and spring onions, and gently toss the whole lot together.
- Pile up your salad on a plate, slice your steak and place lovingly on the salad, before finishing with the chopped peanuts and roughly torn coriander and mint.
The Image is of a version i cooked for a party it also had chick peas and red pepper in. You can keep it in the fridge for upto 3 days
Dylan Howarth ( www.dhowarth.com )