Thai red pumpkin curry recipe
There is nothing like cooking something grown from the garden! Try this delicious Thai pumpkin curry, which can also be used with squash.
- 2 tablespoons of oil for frying (e.g. vegetable or sunflower)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
- 1kg of pumpkin
- 1 tin of coconut milk (400ml)
- 200ml veg stock
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised (bash with a rolling pin)
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok.
- Add the pepper, onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and pumpkin and fry for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, lime zest and lemongrass.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender, stirring every now and then. Season to taste!
- Add the chopped coriander leaves, stir and serve with rice (or have by itself).