The Best Chewy Sugar Cookies
An easy recipe for a staple Christmas cookie
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract, this is optional
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar for rolling
- The first thing you're going to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream your butter and sugar together until it's light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla and almond extracts and beat until well combined.
- Then add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat until just combined and make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Once your dough is mixed, roll it into 1 inch balls, roll through your sugar and place 2 inches apart on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Once they're done place on a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is my favorite no chill sugar cookie recipe and because I haven't made them yet this year, all pictures are from the original author.
Michelle from A Latte Food.