The creamiest hummus EVER – the only recipe you'll ever need
Ever wondered how to get your hummus super smooth and creamy? Look no further
Hummus is the star of any meze board and the dip that always runs out quickest at the buffet. Most of the time, a good shop bought hummus is pretty good, but have you ever felt a little let down when it's never as good as the one you had at your local Middle Eastern restaurant?
I am here to answer your prayers. After a lot of trial and error, I have finally found the perfect recipe, using Tefal's Infiny Mix+ high speed blender, to create the smoothest creamiest hummus. The secret ingredient? Ice. Don't knock it till you try it!
- 400g can of chickpeas
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Dash of olive oil
- Pinch of coarse sea salt
- 2 cubes of ice
- Sumac to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Hot pitta to serve
- Boil the chickpeas with the bicarbonate of soda on a gentle heat for half an hour.
- In the meantime, add your tahini, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Once your chickpeas are cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Add to the blender with the salt, ice and a splash of water, and blend for 2 minutes or so until smooth and creamy.
- Put the hummus in a bowl, top with the sumac and a good drizzle of olive oil and serve with hot pitta.
The Tefal Infiny Mix high speed blender has Powelix Life Blade Technology for up to 40x smoother* results and up to 30% faster blending**, as well as an unbreakable Tritan jug and five automatic programmes for endless recipe inspo (smoothie, ice crush, sorbet, dessert and cleaning).
*vs a normal blender / **Compared to Tefal BL310