This chef has nailed the McDonald's hash brown. Here's the recipe
You'll probably have everything you need in your kitchen already
There is a very good chance that even the biggest foodies and fine dining aficionados among us are, by now, missing a good old McDonald's. You can't beat a good hash brown from their breakfast range – and now, you no longer have to go without.
Poppy O'Toole is a Michelin trained chef. Since she is at a loose end in the midst of lockdown, she has put all her effort into recreating McDonald's hash browns at home... and she thinks she has nailed it.
You probably have everything you need in your kitchen already. So, enjoy!
- 1 potato
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Peel the potato.
- Grate it with a cheese grater.
- Thoroughly dry the grated potato with some kitchen towel.
- In a bowl, mix the egg and the potato, making sure the potato is thoroughly coated in the egg.
- Add the salt and pepper. A wee pinch should be plenty.
- Shape these into the classic hash brown shape.
- Fry over a medium heat, flipping till both sides are golden brown.
- Finish by tipping the pan so the hash brown is submerged in the oil to get it nice and crisp.