This cherry-glazed baby back ribs recipe is keeping it sweet and meaty
Give this favourite an added cherry flavour hit at your next backyard barbecue
Succulent, sticky ribs are a staple of a great barbecue, and are always going to go down a hit with your friends and family.
It's always great to add some spice in the form of a cayenne pepper and pimentón rub, but what'll really set this apart is the sweetness and tartness of the cherry syrup glaze that you'll baste your ribs with as they slowly smoke away on the grill to perfect tenderness. Sounds pretty great, right?
And if you're looking for the perfect barbecue to smoke it on, you need the Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Charcoal Grill and Smoker. With its DigitalFan that maintains cooking temperatures and reversible cast iron grates that are perfect for smoking or searing, it's the ideal barbecue to give this rib recipe a whirl on.
So what are you waiting for? This delicious rib recipe, and the Masterbuilt Gravity Series, are just waiting for you to give them a try.
- 4 racks baby back ribs with membrane removed
- 4 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 5 tbsp sweet paprika
- 3 tbsp pimentón (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp ground fennel
- 2 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 350ml cherry syrup
- Mix brown sugar, sweet paprika, pimentón, coriander, fennel, salt, cayenne, and cumin in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle rub onto both sides of the ribs and rub into the meat with fingertips. Store excess rub in a sealed jar (will keep for several weeks).
- Remove slides from Gravity Series grill. Open charcoal hopper doors. Pour in charcoal if needed and fill hopper. Light. Turn on and set temperature to 120 ̊C. Throw in a chunk of oak wood.
- Place ribs, bone side down, on rack. Smoke for 3 hours or until browned and almost tender.
- Brush ribs on both sides with cherry syrup. Continue smoking for 30 mins to 1 hour, or until ribs are tender enough to pull apart with finger. Baste ribs with cherry syrup twice during this time.
- Remove from grill. Baste ribs on both sides with cherry syrup. Serve with remaining syrup on side.
Bonus sexy ribs pic for the scrollers...