This easy one-pan trout recipe is the perfect, healthy weeknight dish
It's easy and quick, and you really only need one pan!
- ~ 1lb trout or salmon fillet
- ~ 1lb asparagus or broccolini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- capers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
- Line a sheet-pan with parchment paper.
- Drizzle approx. 1 tbsp olive oil in the center of the pan where you think you'll place the fish.
- Lay the fish fillet skin side down in the center of the sheet-pan, and brush the flesh side with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus or broccolini and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, and place around the fish.
- Season the fish and vegetables with salt and pepper, and then sprinkle minced garlic over the top of the fish fillet and veg. Optional: top with lemon slices, or a few capers, or both!
- Put the pan in the oven for about 15min or until cooked.
Pairs well with a side of rice. A squeeze of lemon goes nicely too! Try this another time with a different fish, or maybe add some chili; this is a foundation, have fun with it!