Traditional delicious bread: Chalka recipe
Are you tired of cereals or porridge for breakfast? Bored of the routine? So, you have come to the right place. This recipe is perfect for you!
Chalka or challah is delicate, fluffy like a cloud, flavoursome and is a sweet bread roll. It's perfect for breakfast or lunch. It smells like the greatest memories of childhood. Served with coffee, tea, warm milk or cocoa, it tastes amazing!
The recipe may seem complicated, but the devil is not so black as he is painted. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself.
Pinch of salt
Additionally* - 1 egg to brush chalka before baking
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar with 4 tablespoon of flour, yeast and warm milk. Set aside for 10 minutes 👇
2. After 10 minutes, add the rest of the flour, sugar, salt, melted butter, egg to the mixture and knead the dough. As usual, the consistency should be smooth. Cover the bowl with a clean tea cloth and put it in warm place and leave there for 1h. 👇
3. After 1h, knead the dough for 1 minute, divide your dough into 3 parts and form long rolls.👇
4. Put your 3 rolls on baking tray and braid the braid. Cover it with a tea cloth and set aside. Let it rise until doubled (over 30 minutes)👇
5. Meanwhile heat the oven to 180*C, before baking brush it gently with an egg and bake for 30 minutes until gold colour. 👇
I mainly eat chalka with butter and homemade jam 👇
Also you may serve it with butter and sugar, that tastes good too. What is more, If you have some stale chalka at your home you may prepare French toasts, which is another great idea for your breakfast!