Vegan Mayonnaise Recipe
So last week I mentioned aquafaba and this week I decided to experiment with it and so here is my very quick video on how to make this recipe.
I love making my normal mayo with a stick blender really quickly and so it took a few experiments to make this work but finally I am happy with this recipe. It takes less than five minutes to make and keeps well in the fridge.
- ¼ cup aquafaba from a drained tin of chickpea
- ¼ teaspoon of mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1½ tablespoons of apple cider
- 1 teaspoon of cane sugar
- ½ cup of sunflower oil
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender container - it is really important that the stick blender fits tightly in the container or it wont work.
- Allow the ingredients to settle for a few minutes and gently place the blender stick to the bottom of the container.
- Turn the blender on and hold for a few seconds then gently ease up and down to finally mix the ingredients together.
- Put in the fridge for an hour before serving and the mixture will stiffen slightly.
You can also make this into garlic mayonnaise by adding some garlic pounded with a pestle and mortar
I used a blender blade with holes in it to aerate the mayonnaise