Watch: John Torode sets fire to his kitchen live on TV

It's not just us amateurs that have disasters in the kitchen

22w ago

3.8K

Cooking isn't an easy thing to do. Cooking live on television is even less easy.

Aussie chef and Masterchef judge John Torode suffered a bit of a disaster during a live cooking segment on This Morning.

While teaching hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield how to make a McDonald's Sausage and Egg McMuffin at home, Torode managed to set fire to a tea towel after leaving it on the hob.

Willoughby and Schofield were both yelling at Torode about the fire, but it took a good few moments before he realised, thanks to the delay in the live feed.

Torode grabbed the towel, doused it in cold water in the sink, and calmly and professionally finished off his tutorial, all while his smoke alarm was going off.

Want to watch the chaos for yourself? The drama starts at around the 3:10 mark.

Loading...

If you want to have a go at your very own McDonald's Sausage and Egg McMuffin – bonus points if you can do it without setting your kitchen on fire – you can find out how right here. This was our attempt, with a bagel instead of a muffin, and a T-Rex shaped mould instead of a circle... but hey, we're managing with what we've got in the current climate.

Loading...

Join In

Comments (6)

  • Poor guy. He handled it well though

      5 months ago
  • I'd have stood still and then panicked

      5 months ago
  • Arson about lol

      5 months ago
  • He has the best fire alarm ever. Only alarming him after the fire was already taken care of.

      5 months ago
Loading...
Loading...
6