Watch: Pigs in blankets in duvets recipe
Up your pigs in blankets game this Christmas with this seriously tasty snack.
Everyone loves pigs in blankets right? It's basically not Christmas without them. But Christmas is also time for tucking up in your duvet, keeping your pyjamas on all day, and binge-watching festive films and TV. Why should your pigs in blankets miss out on that treatment hey? Hey?!
We've come up with the perfect way to take your pigs in blankets to the next level. Oh yes, by wrapping them in pastry and serving them with a honey and mustard dipping sauce. Perfect for Christmas, perfect for the weird week between Christmas when you have no idea what day it is, and the perfect canapé for New Year's Eve. Or to be honest, also perfect in January when everything's a bit sad and cold and wet and miserable.
Behold! Pigs in blankets in duvets!
- 1 pack of Jus Roll puff pastry
- Mini sausages
- Streaky bacon (or pre-made pigs in blankets for ease)
- 1 egg
- Nigella seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Sauce: Dijon mustard
- Mayonnaise (equal parts)
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
Pigs in blankets in duvets
- Either make your pigs in blankets (wrap streaky bacon around your mini sausages) or get them out the packet
- Roll out your Jus Roll puff pastry
- Cut into squares with enough pastry to cover the sausage (it doesn’t matter if they’re poking out the ends)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Put a little egg wash onto one end of the pastry so it sticks together
- Roll ‘em up!
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C (fan oven)
- Sprinkle your piggies with nigella seeds
- Pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- Take the rolls out the oven and serve with the dipping sauce. Delicious hot or cold!
Honey and mustard sauce
- Mix equal parts of honey, dijon mustard, mayo
- Add a little splash of white wine vinegar
- Season. Done!