White chocolate and caramel cupcakes recipe
If you have a super sweet tooth, these are the cupcakes for you
- 8oz margarine or softened butter
- 4oz golden caster sugar (white works fine too)
- 2 large eggs
- 4oz self raising flour
- 8oz icing sugar
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- Can of caramel
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat together 4oz of the margarine/butter and the caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs (one at a time) and the vanilla, beating in between each addition. Add a little of the flour if the mixture starts to split.
- Add the rest of the flour and fold it in.
- Place the mixture a tablespoon at a time in muffin cases that line a muffin tray.
- Place into a preheated oven (180 fan, gas 6 etc) for 25-20 mins. Keep checking them and take them out when they are golden brown and spongy.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Using a knife or corer, take a core out of the middle of the cupcake and fill with some of the caramel.
- Apply the buttercream however you see fit and decorate.
- Beat the rest of the butter until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in the icing sugar and whisk until fluffy and creamy.
- Melt the white chocolate and let cool so as not to melt the butter. Once somewhat cool, add most to the buttercream and fold in. Leave some out to decorate.
- Drizzle the rest of the white chocolate over the finished cupcakes.
- Melt some of the caramel in the microwave for 10 seconds and drizzle over.