Woman mistakes wasabi for avocado

Woman mistakes wasabi for avocado, eats it, develops a heart condition

1y ago

2.4K

A​ woman has mistaken the incredibly strong and powerful wasabi (Japanese horseradish) for avocado, eating so much of it she developed a heart condition and ended up in hospital.

According to the British Medical Journal, the 60-year-old lady was attending a wedding when the incident occurred. She ate a teaspoon of what she thought was avocado, resulting in takotsubo cardiomyopathy, a temporary heart condition brought on by stress, and also known as broken heart syndrome.

Fortunately, t​he woman has now made a full recovery, and probably won't be eating avocado or wasabi for a long time...

T​his was most definitely a food fail.

Join In

Comments (2)

  • Avocadoes are a rainforest fruit, and rainforests are full of nasty parasites. Eat raw "organic" avocadoes at your own risk.

      1 year ago
  • They are very, very dangerously similar in colour and texture. Seeing as I'n not a fan of either, I think they both should be banned. :-)

      1 year ago
Loading...
Loading...
2