Woman mistakes wasabi for avocado
Woman mistakes wasabi for avocado, eats it, develops a heart condition
A woman has mistaken the incredibly strong and powerful wasabi (Japanese horseradish) for avocado, eating so much of it she developed a heart condition and ended up in hospital.
According to the British Medical Journal, the 60-year-old lady was attending a wedding when the incident occurred. She ate a teaspoon of what she thought was avocado, resulting in takotsubo cardiomyopathy, a temporary heart condition brought on by stress, and also known as broken heart syndrome.
Fortunately, the woman has now made a full recovery, and probably won't be eating avocado or wasabi for a long time...
This was most definitely a food fail.