Worcestershire Sauce Lamb Chops & Mango-Sprouts Salad: Recipe #cookjohncoleman
So I am participating in a challenge on FT for the first time today. I have cooked this special meal for John, I mean for the #cookjohncoleman :)
- 1 Tbsp Oil and 2Tbsp Butter
- 4 pieces of Lamb Chops
- 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Back Pepper Powder
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary Herb (dry or fresh)
- 150gms Sprouts
- 2 Small Onion (1 to grill and one for the salad)
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Mango
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Seasoning (Salt, Hot sauce, Red Chili Flakes, and Lemon Juice)
- Garnish (chopped cilantro/ coriander leaves)
- Lamb Chops: Marinate the lamb with 1 Tbsp Oil, 1 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 Tsp black pepper powder, a pinch of salt, 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, and 2 Tbsp rosemary herb for about 30 mins.
- In a saucepan heat 2 Tbsp butter and cook the marinated lamb for 7 mins on each side and 1 min on the soft muscle side.
- Add 1 onion cut in half to the same pan with the lamb on the side and cook for it to become soft and caramelized. Garnish with chopped coriander once ready.
- Mango-Sprout Salad: Cook the sprouts in boiling water for about 10 mins (until tender and crunchy) drain the water once cooked and let it cool down.
- Now add 1 chopped onion, 1 bell pepper, and 1 mango (cut into small cubes)
- Add a dash of salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1 tbsp red chili flakes.
- Add 1 Tbsp honey, 1 tsp hot sauce, and 1 tsp lemon juice. Mix all well
Serve the lamb chops with the salad on the side. It is as simple as it sounds and is really tasty.