Recipe: Zesty stuffed eggs and a sandwich spread in one go
How to make your whisky better in the evening and have a delicious sandwich spread to destroy the hangover in the morning
A quick shot of what you'll need
Naturally, I forgot to put the eggs in the frame 😂
- Eggs (depending of how much you want to stuff)
- 400 grams of mayonnaise
- 50-60 grams of grated of semi-hard yellow cheese
- 20-30 grams of grated pickled cornichons (gherkins)
- 10-20 grams of grated or chopped black olives
- Get a medium size bowl
- Add the mayonnaise, the cheese, the gherkins and the olives
- Mix them well with a spoon or a fork.
- That's it, the spread is done. You can now make a sandwich!
- Hard-boil some eggs, depending of how much you want to stuff
- Peel them, slice them to length in two equal parts
- Remove the yolks and use the spread to stuff the whites
- Enjoy your stiff drink with stuffed eggs!
The eggs go incredibly well with Scotch whisky! Nothing to do with the yolks, so either eat them or throw them away. Sorry, this recipe is wasteful.
Dunno . . someone out there 👀
And a quick photo of the spread to cap it up
You can keep it covered in the fridge for quite a few days, so I've made a lot of it. It will serve me as a breakfast, spread on a slice of freshly baked bread for 3-5 days. And it works wonders with some heavy hangovers!
DISCLAIMER: Due to a major imperial conversion failure, please do your own measurements conversion. Thank you for being understanding!